The 3 goals of the Let's Play Greener Project
Aiming at designing a Serious Game about Citizenship and Sustainability in Europe:
WE WANT TO STRENGHTEN THE LINGUISTIC, CULTURAL AND EDUCATIONAL SKILLS AMONG STUDENTS & TEACHERS
We plan to design a multilingual game using English as a common tool.
- Both teachers and pupils will improve their communicative skills in English. Communicating whether face to face or by mail will boost participants’ self-confidence and enhance their general knowledge of the hosts’ and other participants’ culture and mother tongue.
- Discussing curricula, thinking topics instead of subjects, working hand in hand, Teachers will enhance their cultural awareness, educational competences and knowledge of the host country’s school system.
- During the multiplier events to come, the Let’s Play Greener team will promote game-based materials, strategies and systems.
WE WANT TO PROMOTE AN INNOVATIVE EDUCATION, EMBEDDED IN THE DIGITAL ERA
Pupils and teachers will enjoy the motivational and engaging professional quality of the play and concentrate on strategy in learning activities.
- Designing a game is a powerful way to captivate pupils: it is based on having fun, designing strategy & developing creativity, thus providing profound impact upon student's learning experience.
- Designing a serious game is more interesting as it implies that the students have understood the main concepts to expose.
- Lastly, designing a game is a perfect task to highlight numerous transversal and digital skills our pupils can achieve across borders. Publishing a website, socializing and working in transnational groups, promoting our creations on the social networks for online voting weeks, recording videos and making PowerPoint slides will be part of the process: every stage of the project relies upon digital tools.
Let's Play Greener is an attempt to make our schools more inclusive by upgrading all participants' skills. All the partners are eager to see how youth work is the best way to sensibilize other young people all over Europe. Publications on a dedicated website offers the educational community the opportunity to move on and change practices in daily lessons.
WE WANT TO FOSTER CIVIC EMPOWERMENT REGARDING ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES
Beyond the partners, we want to focus on the ability of pupils aged 16 to 19, to develop their critical thinking at a local and European level.
- We want to make them feel confident about and conscious of the complex issues implied by sustainable development in Europe.
- We aim at making them understand how far they can get involved in issues related to energy transition, air quality, water saving or public health.
- By researching for relevant information, participating in public debates, citizens keep democratic values alive.
We are living in an era in which politics has been debased and in which democracies suffer from a lack of political commitment. By creating this serious game, these future citizens will work for a more cohesive, inclusive Europe.